So here are some other good luck omens...
1. Bats nesting in your home
- So when you find bats in your home and you want to scream and cry and get treated for rabies (just in case)...comfort yourself with this thought: Wealth is in your future. We found a bat in our home once. I was convinced that I had rabies for at least a week (even though I never felt the bat touch me, I was certain it bit me without me knowing). Wealth never came. The bat must have just been a visitor. Dammit.
- This is supposed to mean good fortune. Seriously? Someone is totally trying to trick us here. Anything would seem like good fortune after meeting a snake. For instance, if I saw a spider after I encountered a snake, I would think: "At least it wasn't another snake! Gosh, I'm lucky." See what I mean?
- It apparently means extreme good fortune. I personally think it means you are either sleep deprived or too drunk. Either way, I think it is actually a sign that you are better off not getting dressed. Just stay naked. And stay where you are.
- This means that money is either coming to you or leaving you. I have had tingling hands before, so I am pretty sure the latter was true for me.
- Itching ears is a sign that someone is talking about you. If your left ear itches, someone is saying good things about you and if your right ear itches then someone is saying something bad about you. Take away message for me: spend more time cleaning my right ear so that my left ear is more likely to itch. Sometimes my wisdom frightens me.
- This is a sign of fertility and prosperity. I live in a rural area. There are cows everywhere. Come to think of it, I guess people do seem rather fertile here. If you have a teenager, don't live on a farm. If you want a baby, move to a farm. I'm a little disappointed that there wasn't a good omen for something "cow poo" related. By the way, my husband hates it when I say "poo" instead of "poop." We compromise by saying "shit" instead. Thank goodness we are mature enough to know when to compromise.
- This is not bad at all (unless you encounter a scary spider in the web). I think finding your initials in a spider web would be super cool. Of course, I would have to get close enough to a spider web and the only time that happens is when I accidentally walk right through one. So, it is likely that I would destroy my initials before I ever saw them. I wonder if there is an omen for that. There totally should be.
- This brings good luck to gamblers in Africa. Ummmm...okay. I am not sure how one acquires alligator teeth, but I am sure the gamblers in Africa have that all sorted out.
P.P.S. I totally meant to post this two weeks ago, but I have been experiencing an emotional "crisis." By "crisis" I mean that I totally freaked out over something (shocking, I know). Long story short, I am convinced that I poisoned myself, my husband, my animals, and my house. I won't get into the details today, but let's just say that paint was involved. That's what I get for ambitiously taking on a house project.
Lesson learned: I will never try to change anything about my house ever again. Everything will stay just as it is until we move. I'm sure that will be a fantastic selling point.
Second lesson learned: getting shit on by a bird does not bring any good luck at all. Damn liars.