Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Wednesday Whines - Random Ramblings

Wednesday is a long work day for me.  My day started at about 7am and I just got home (14 hours later).  I feel physically and mentally exhausted and so I can sometimes get a little crabby.  Where there is crabbiness, whining is sure to follow.  Not the good kind...that would be wining.  Wining = Winning.  Get it?  Give me a break.  I'm tired.

Here are some of my whines of the day: 

1.  Why does the hand soap always run out on me?  I feel like the very end of the soap is always left for me.  I am constantly slamming my hand against the pump trying to get some soap out of the bottle.  If I get anything, it splatters all over me (everywhere but my hands, of course).  Brilliant.  Just once I would love for my husband to refill the soap.  That's probably never going to happen.  I wonder if he ever actually uses hand soap?  This situation just became a lot more disturbing for me.  That's a conversation for another day.

2.  While I'm on the subject of my husband...  Yesterday was our anniversary.  I love my husband dearly and he is always great at remembering the date.  But once, just ONCE it would be so nice for him to recall a different memory other than the loss his football team experienced on the day of our wedding.  I'm not exaggerating when I tell you that EVERY SINGLE TIME the subject of our wedding or anniversary comes up with other people that the first thing my husband describes is "the terrible loss" of his team.  I get it.  It was an important game.  But, seriously?  That's the first thing that comes to your mind when you think of our wedding?  It's probably the reason he is so good about remembering the date.

3.  Why do my eyebrows grow so darn fast?  I feel like I am growing two Chia Pets above my eyeballs.  

4.  How could I possibly be five minutes late for my meeting today...AGAIN?!?!  I mean, I just reflected on this problem yesterday.  What is my deal???  There is, however, a silver lining to this whine.  Everyone else was ten minutes late, which sort of made me five minutes EARLY!!!  I LOVE it when that happens!!! 

Okay that's enough of the bad whining for today.  Now it is time to end the day with a good wine.  If you are a red wine drinker, I am a big fan of Layer Cake.  Today I am drinking the Malbec, but the Cabernet Sauvignon is also awesome.  My favorite kind of cake, indeed.  



Cheers!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment