Monday, October 28, 2013

On your mark, get set, catch up!

Although I am never happy to see a weekend go, there are some weekends that are just so lovely that I almost get teary-eyed at the thought of Monday rearing its ugly head.

This past weekend was one of those weekends...a simply beautiful and peaceful weekend. The weather was just perfect.  Cool and crisp, bright yellow sun, aqua blue sky, and gorgeous leaves of gold, red, and orange.  It was breathtaking, refreshing, and rejuvenating.  My soul felt happy.

We visited my parents over the weekend, which is always nice.  P and I went exploring on our own a bit - something we often do.  It was a weekend that I just didn't want to end.

As Monday has arrived and the week stretches before me, it feels like a good time to make my "to do" list as well as few promises to myself to help the week run smoothly with as little stress as possible (a week with little stress... Yeah right!).  I guess it's worth a shot, so here it goes...

1.  I will catch up on all my paperwork and prep work that I have over the next week...by Tuesday!!! (Eeek...I am running out of time!!!)

2.  I will get ahead on at least two of my projects by Friday.

3.  I will catch up on my laundry (which is always that much harder to do after a weekend away).

4.  I will not allow my suitcases to sit unpacked for the entire week (something I ALWAYS do after being away).  Everything must be unpacked and put away by bedtime.

5.  Speaking of bedtime,  I will be in bed by 11 and I will be up by 6:30 (preferably earlier) from Tuesday through Thursday).  I did not meet this goal last night and this morning, which is why I am starting this tomorrow. 

6.  I will finally schedule a haircut.  I have not had my haircut since May.  Yes, you read that correctly.  And yes, it is almost November.  Seriously, I have been complaining about my eyebrows looking like Chia Pets and what did I really think was going on with the hair on my head?!?!  Do you remember the episode of Friends with Monica's hair when they were in Barbados?  If you forget or if you are unfamiliar with Friends (which if you aren't familiar with Friends we may want to part ways now), or if you just want a good laugh, check this out.  Be sure to scroll down to the picture - you can't miss out on this image.  That is me right now.  No joke.

7.  I will clean and organize my fall and winter clothes and pack away the last of my summer clothes.  This is always so hard for me.  Knowing that it won't be warm enough for shorts and sundresses for at least seven more months is a hard pill for me to swallow.

8.  I will vacuum and dust the entire house by the Saturday.  (I added this for good measure.  I really don't think I will actually do this, but I am hoping that writing it down might make it happen.)

9.    I will be kind to myself and forgive myself when things don't go the way I planned.

10.  I will be kind to P and forgive him when things don't go the way that I planned. (Yes, I try to plan for him too.  I can't help it.  I am bossy sometimes.  It is one of my many flaws.)

11.  I will set realistic expectations for myself in terms of what I can do and celebrate the things that I do well.

Because of what I said in number 11, my "to do" list will end here.  You see?  I'm off to a good start already!

P.S. I started this post this morning, but my laptop charger stopped working.  I panicked and tried to finish as much work as I could before my battery died.  I later learned that if I prop my charger just right against my dining room table and loop the wire a certain way around my computer that I can get it to charge.  

The good part is that it forced me to haul a** this morning.  The bad part is that it took me about 45 minutes to get the charger "just right" in order to charge my computer.  I have been afraid to move it all day, which sort of defeats the purpose of having a laptop.

Well, if I am going to meet my number five, I better haul a** one more time today.  I have to say, I am longing for my lovely weekend of fresh autumn air and clear blue sky right about now...

Happy Monday!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment